Get Published - California Optometry Magazine is Looking for Authors!
Do you have a story you’d like to share, have a hot topic you’re passionate about, or think you’d like to write a CE article? COA is looking for you! We are always looking for authors for our e-magazine that goes out to nearly 3,000 COA members! If you’d like some exposure in your field, this is a great way to do it!
Here are some topics we are looking for authors for this year:
Continuing Education Topics:
· Dry Eye, Explain Dews 2
· Glaucoma (author’s pick of specific topic)
· Amniotic Membranes – for treatment of corneal surface diseases
· Pediatric Eye Care – Myopia Progression – Digital devices in kids
· You pick! We’re open to varying topics. Let us know if there is something you’d like to write about!
May/June Edition Topics: Extended Deadline 4/28/17
· How increase the capture rate of Optovue, Opti-Map etc.
July/August Edition Topics: Deadline 6/5/17
· Where will we be in five years? (Two authors needed - new and established ODs)
· New Grads - How to Negotiate a Contract - pay for CE, time-off to go take CE, benefits retirement.
· Featuring contrasting modes of practice (hospital based, commercial, Kaiser, private practice)
September/October Edition Topics: Deadline 8/7/17
· How to inform the public about children's eye exams (Need Author)
· Children and Digital Device Use (Need Author)
· How to make school presentations (doing eye exams at schools)
· Topical Article - What often gets missed in a pediatric vision screening
November/December Edition Topics: Deadline 10/9/17
· Highlighting collaborative practice models beyond diabetes (post stroke/TBI, alzheimers, autism)
· Marketing ideas to increase patient base
· Discussing Optometry's Role in End of Life Care
· Tips for Greeting Patients - (Need Author)
If you are interested in any of these topics or have questions, please contact Rachael Van Cleave at COA at email@example.com.